Still here...
enjoying a rare day of nearly nothing. Early morning soccer game preceded a day/night at the farm for the kids -- (the first one since... this summer(?) I can't even remember. ) and a quiet day for me. They were thoroughly looking forward to the open space, the mini-motorcycle, the trampoline, the openness and freeness that comes with a midwestern farmstead, and the special kind of love that only grandparents can offer. (They are so lucky to have 2 sets of grandparents -- that love and cherish them so tremendously -- within an hour's drive of home. )
Still here...
enjoying vampires. Maybe because I am one. As I approach 3 years working the night shift, I am finding that I may in fact be turning into one of those that is resistant to natural sunlight. (Coca-cola seems to be replacing the need for human blood, so I may have hope, yet.) I have been unable to conform my weekends to a natural schedule, of late. I slept most of today away (after the soccer game) and can now expect to be folding laundry well into the morning hours. I'll probably be watching a vampire or zombie movie too. Why am I so enthralled with those these days? I never used to like scary movies.
Still here...
dealing with a husband's hand in a cast. It was a "minor" surgical procedure -- but nothing that requires anesthesia, a cast and pain meds is really that "minor" to me. I am reminded to be thankful for my husband's regular help around the house -- I realize all that he does, when he can't anymore, due to a cast and a weight-limit on what he can carry.
Still here...
waiting impatiently for November 4th, yet scared to death of the news I will be covering that night.
Still here...
trying to get the gumption to go back to the YMCA. I really feel so much better after a workout, a swim with the kids, a dip in the hot tub. Why haven't I been going lately? Next week. For sure. (Someone, hold me to it.)
Still here.
Keeping busy.
Living life.
And that's enough.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment