Friday, December 12, 2008

Proud Mama

This post was supposed to begin with the reasons why I was posting the video of Owen's piano recital. Here they are:

Because:
I'm a proud mama;
Dad (who is recovering well, but slowly) couldn't handle a drive, long night, cold, germs and exhaustion;
Mom was needed at home to take care of dad;
I have several more family members who live at a considerable distance;
I like to brag;
Here is Owen's piano recital. He started taking lessons this past spring. We are very proud of him. He loves it. And most of the time doesn't complain about practicing. Most of the time.

(Of course since you don't see a video here, it means I was one-upped by technology again. Help! Other blogger users, explain to me why my videos never post.I think I have figured out that this video was too large, but when I try to post others, I can't make them work either. They are saved in MVI format. (What does that mean!?) and what kind of format do they need to be in?)

Moving on...

So no photos of Owen's recital, because I was rolling on video the whole time. Just trust me. He did very well. He enjoyed it.

Lauryn entertained herself by listening (but not really), coloring every spare inch of the program, and making many funny faces into the camera.

We love our piano teacher -- and we never would have found her, if not for one of Owen's best friends:

The site was a beautiful old treasure of our city that I had never been in before. It was gorgeous, decorated for the holidays. I had images of the grand parties that must have been thrown here 100 years ago.

They had pictures of all of the ladies (yes, all ladies) who have been "in charge" of this social establishment, dating back to the late 1800s. Such history. (Such hairstyles.)

Afterwards, a much more modern tradition: ice cream cones and a drive around downtown to see the extravagant light displays with the grandparents.

It was a fun night!
(Minus the video we'll just have to offer a personal recital for all of our readers. Next time you're in our neighborhood, stop by and ask!)

3 comments:

Mlle. Librarian said...

Re: the video not posting: this is why Blogger drives me CRAZY. Documentation sucks!!! Took me awhile to figure this out.

I did some looking and it looks like MVI format is not supported by Blogger/GoogleVideo. Can't find much out about MVI format itself - I'm assuming it's either proprietary or just very specific to your type of camera?

So what you're probably going to have to do is to convert the video to some other type of video file. Here's a link to a short help doc on the types of videos that will work.

There are a lot of possibilities for file conversion, but I'm not sure what you have at your disposal. Are you able to open and watch the movies on your computer? Using what type of software? If it's camera-specific software, maybe there are options within that software for file conversion?

Let me know if I can help at all. This is a largely a selfish endeavor carried out so that I can (hopefully) see some cute videos from you one day. :)

Strangeite said...

Blogger's video hosting service sucks.

What I do is, upload it to Youtube. Then just post the HTML into Blogger.

PhunkyBS said...

I can never get personal videos on my blog either. The comments to this post are helpful! thanks!