Friday, September 5, 2008

Just a really nice morning


The Tuesday after Labor Day, there was no school for the kids. (Inservice days, already?!)
So I got the kids up early (at least earlier than they would have, if left to their own devices)
and we went out:
Donuts with whatever they wanted to drink (juice and strawberry milk)...
New treasures (a toy, 2 new books, and a wall hanging I remember from my own childhood-- "mom, doesn't grandma have one of those at her house!?") at goodwill...
And the park.
It was nice. Just a really good morning.

1 comment:

PhunkyBS said...

That is soooooo much cooler than waking them up early and saying,

"okay, you've slept long enough, time to get up and do chores. There is lots to do. Laundry, dusting, cleaning the bathroom.......no you can't watch cartoons.....".

That's how I remember what happens when you are forced to get up on your days off from school. ;)

How nice of you to make that day off special. ;)