After what seems like a long time without a post, without a personal post, without pictures of my beautiful children and their wonderful experiences, and when I finally feel like posting parts of life i don't want to forget, technology comes in and gives me a swift kick in the butt.
I've always put my pictures on my computer by taking out the memory card, and putting it in the slot on the computer. Today, when i do that, nothing happens. Happened yesterday too. I know that i should have installed the junk that came with my computer, and plugged in the cord long ago... but I didn't. And now the cord seems to be the one thing that is missing out of my computer box (the receipt, the software, the instruction manuals are all there, but that cord...)
Sigh.
I would ask my more-technologically-minded-than-me husband to help, but he's in in bed with a 102 fever this morning, complaining of a sore throat. Another sigh. Is it possible he got Owen's strep throat from 2 weeks ago? My children are playing so quietly, so intently, so thoughtfully in Owen's room. I hear little hands pawing through a Lego box, looking for the perfect piece, and a little voice asking big brother for help. It is the perfect time for me to steal a moment of computer time... a third sigh.
In the absence of pictures, a quick rundown:
*we have finished another season of soccer -- it was great. And cold. I'm thankful to have my Saturday mornings back.
*we have been learning with leaps and bounds lately -- it has once again hit me that my little ones are growing up faster than I had noticed.
*i have been slowly weaning myself from my political addiction. I must remind myself every time I turn on the cable news shows... he got elected, we're going to be okay, Fox news can't hurt us now...
*now that the elections are over, personnel has been changed, and the newness of other modifications are wearing off, work is evening out, and once again becoming routine and comfortable.
*Lauryn and I have been spending many hours at the YMCA. I enjoy the exercise while listening to NPR, she loves an hour to play with new friends, color in a new coloring book and climb through their really cool indoor jungle gym.
*I am incredibly anxious for the holidays. I will actually be afforded some time off work, and get to see most of my family in that time. Soon, I will bake an obscene amount of cinnamon rolls, and begin getting out the Christmas decorations. Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year.
More later. Eventually. I'm sure I'll figure out this picture problem. E V E N T U A L L Y.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh, i hate those tech problems.
grrrr.
thanks for the update...just imagining the images.
: )
thank you for FINALLYYYYYYY posting something!!!!
I've been in withdrawal.
By the way, in case you forgot :) , your brother in law is very helpful with this techy stuff. Don't be shy to call or email with your questions or problems!!! :)
Love you and can't wait to see you in.... 6 weeks???!!!
It's good to hear your update! Let's talk soon!
Post a Comment