I had a run in with someone at work today. Nothing major. (In fact it was just trying to get the bottom of an issue that happened a week ago.) Don't go thinking this was anything major.. it wasn't. Just things needed to get said, situation needed be straightened out. (Part of the deal of being a manager now.)
But I left work still obsessing about it. Could I have said something different? Could I have made my point in a better way? Am I doing a good job? Is this even the right place for me? Why did I take this promotion?
Called a friend on the way home to talk about it. She helped. Thanks.
But by the time I got home, got hugs and kisses with the kids, and was trying to determine some sort of missmatch meal for the family, I was still annoyed. Couldn't stand still. Couldn't get to the end of a thought. Couldn't carry on a conversation that wasn't distracted.
Told story to husband. He listened. He took my side (as any good husband should...) he comforted me, gave me a hug. Made me feel loved.
Figured out supper, started to watch a movie with the kids. Still couldn't sit still. Still thinking about it. Obsessing. Logged on to read some of my favorite blogs. Maybe they'd help get my mind off it. Still replaying whole conversation in my head.
Read this . Felt humbled. The fear of a sick child, the fear of possibly losing a child. So much more real than anything that had happened to me in the last 90 minutes. The tears started to flow... release. Started remembering all the other good things I've heard about in the last week. Remembered all the things that have been accomplished (the laundry not being one of them...) in recent days. Started thinking "ya know, I handled myself okay at work, no body's perfect."
Breathe. Relax.
Can still watch the end of the movie. Can still cuddle with the kids.
Tomorrow is the weekend.
Thanks blogging community. Even if I've been absent, you've still been a source of comfort to me. Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment