Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break Project

REPAINTING THE DINING ROOM
(and maybe the hallway)

(Otherwise known as the reason I'm not answering emails, barely answering the phone, hardly cooking and sleeping hard -- with an achy back -- at night.)




As with any projects we have already hit some snags: chipping paint, likely due to the last owners not doing the project correctly. So after 2 full days of chipping and sanding old paint, (and green dust particles nearly everywhere!) we're nearly ready to prime and start painting! Yippee!

The bigger frustration? Called Roto-Rooter (old house = old cracking paint and roots in the sewer system). We've been told we likely have a broken sewer line. The solution? digging up 65 feet of our backyard to install a new sewer line. We get estimates today. I'm hoping they take one look and say "Oops! Never mind. Your pipes look brand new! No need for an expensive, yard-damaging project. We were wrong. How about we pay you for your troubles." Well.... it could happen, right?

Stay tuned for the finished project....

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Good for you, painting that dining room. It will look good as new when you're done with it.

Ah, the joys of home ownership! Fingers crossed for the "we'll pay you for your time" response!

PhunkyBS said...

Oh, I don't envy you. This looks like some serious hard work!!
I hope you and Brad find energy and patience this week for this project.
I can't wait to see the end result!

Love you!