We've been at war in Iraq for 5 years now. I have nothing poetic to say about this. I am frustrated. I am angry. I am saddened. I am worried. I am hurt. I am scared.
I want peace. I want all the nations of the world to get along. I want there to be no more reason for the military. I want children of all races to hold hands and sing together. I realize this may be idealistic. Naive. Ignorant. Improbable. I get it. That doesn't mean I'm not still hoping for it to happen. That doesn't mean that I don't believe that one person can make a difference, and that individual voices can join together to make amazing change happen.
In November, I wrote this blog. It is about war. It is about the first days of the Iraq war, and my role as a journalist in covering it, thousands of miles away, in the middle of America. It still saddens me to read it. It saddens me even more that it happened and it is continuing to happen.
I don't have more to add -- just consider reading it, for my perspective on the war.
http://lifeofraemom.blogspot.com/2007/11/war.html
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i know, i know, i know.
all of eliza's life, most of micah's, half of naomi's....and we are on the outside!
imganing those little ones who are highly involved...
Post a Comment