Brad and I have had enjoyed some much needed time to be together, alone. To have adult conversation (that always returns to talk of the kids), be in grown-up locations, stay out late with a beer or a coffee, come home to a quiet house. Having two sets of grandparents that live within 45 minutes of their grandchildren make this possible. I am so thankful for their love of my kids, and their interest in their lives. And I am eternally grateful that they realize that sometimes parents need a break, and need to have some alone time.
One of the best such times this summer -- Jazz at a local independently-owned art gallery.
Brad often goes, but we rarely have the chance to go together.
The music was amazing.
The location was inspiring.
The art was unique and individual.
This was the piece inside the bathroom. Need I say more?
And now that I am working on perfecting the art of sushi (or at least perfecting the art of attempting basic sushi recipes) this is now our regular meal when the kids aren't around.
We still occasionally go out for sushi (because I am no sushi master, and working with eel still scares me) but when i can make this at home for about a few dollars, instead of spending $30+ at the sushi bar, well, it just makes sense.
Still -- this (unagi dragon rolls ) is a work of art in and of itself.
And once and a while, worth the splurge.
1 comment:
That looks soooo good!! Oh my gosh!
Enjoy your time together! You totally deserve it!!
Post a Comment