UPDATE: My poor little girl had strep. I was so glad I made the decision to take her to the doctor. So often I pay the $40 copay, Doc says "it's viral, nothing you can do about it," and walk out feeling like I overreacted and should have just stayed home. So this time I had almost talked myself out of going. But the looming Tgiving holiday, and a fear of 4 days without an open Dr. office won out. A round of antibiotics and a few days later, she was once again running around the house, clothes optional.
Original post:
It was a beautiful day -- 79 degrees in the middle of November. I had hoped it would give me enough energy and gumption to rake leaves. Instead my little girl, who always considers clothes optional, was asking for a sweatshirt and saying she was cold. She seemed a little sluggish this morning, something I expected after our very busy weekend. But by 4 p.m. she was no longer herself. Temp reads 103. She's cuddled under a blanket -- this from a girl who rarely sits down long enough to make the seat warm -- and holding a cool wash cloth to her head.
At one point I had thought I'd make a big supper tonight, maybe even cook the turkey that has been defrosting in the fridge. Instead it will be soup, juice, Sprite, carrots, raisins, crackers and bananas. I had hoped to get some work done around the house (both inside and out). Instead we will cuddle, play board games, read books and watch a movie.
For now, all plans are on hold -- as we slow down, sit, cuddle and work on getting better.
Original post:
It was a beautiful day -- 79 degrees in the middle of November. I had hoped it would give me enough energy and gumption to rake leaves. Instead my little girl, who always considers clothes optional, was asking for a sweatshirt and saying she was cold. She seemed a little sluggish this morning, something I expected after our very busy weekend. But by 4 p.m. she was no longer herself. Temp reads 103. She's cuddled under a blanket -- this from a girl who rarely sits down long enough to make the seat warm -- and holding a cool wash cloth to her head.
At one point I had thought I'd make a big supper tonight, maybe even cook the turkey that has been defrosting in the fridge. Instead it will be soup, juice, Sprite, carrots, raisins, crackers and bananas. I had hoped to get some work done around the house (both inside and out). Instead we will cuddle, play board games, read books and watch a movie.
For now, all plans are on hold -- as we slow down, sit, cuddle and work on getting better.
1 comment:
Seems to be the way of things lately. Feel better, little one!
Post a Comment