It will be a 2-day affair -- preparing and cooking food all day. Today a sheet for parent volunteers and LOTS of donated food, came home. Owen volunteered us to bring 5 pounds of potatoes ("because I love your potatoes mom!" -- he was a bit disappointed when he found out we were just sending them raw), cinnamon, buttermilk and lots of utensils, crock pots, serving spoons, casserole dishes, etc. It is opposite of my sleep schedule, but I'll just HAVE to find a time to go in and help the kids create food -- this opportunity is just too fun to pass up!
"We get to cook it and help make all the food," says Owen. "We also get to sit at a big table and eat all of the stuff we made. I think it will be fun because I will get to sit with my friends and talk while I eat!"
Wow -- I can't remember any activities such as this from my own youth. This sounds like a GREAT opportunity and I can't wait to be a part of it!
2 comments:
Whoa! We had Thanksgiving dinner in kindergarten, I believe, but nothing this elaborate or authentic (and yeah, I think I was probably wearing a feathered headdress made of construction paper. Nice.). This is so freakin' cool. I'm totally jealous of Owen.
-Nikki
oh, well hello, blog friend!
good to find you in this land. and i love stories of the kids...
Post a Comment