Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Got one!

We now have a digital camera. It is the Canon A720.

In short -- it meets my current needs, but isn't my dream camera. After doing a considerable amount of research, and trying out the cameras in the store, I realized that I really wanted an $800+ camera. That is not in the budget right now (especially considering our recent water heater purchase!)

I was able to get this camera, memory card, case, etc. all for about $300. I found that the $350-$500 cameras really didn't offer many more features than this model, or at least not enough to justify an extra $200 spent.

This camera has manual focus, aperture, shutter, etc. It has a great macro, a viewfinder in addition to the LCD screen, 6x optical zoom, 8 megapixels and decent video posting. It is similar to the camera I borrowed a few days ago, but is a few models "up" from that one, fixing some of my concerns from that model.

I hope we didn't jump into it too quickly -- I just have to keep reminding myself that this is a budget digital camera, meant to capture every day life. I'm not giving up my film SLR, nor am I giving up on my dreams for a DSLR someday. But I am happy we have finally gone digital! Expect more pictures to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think its a great addition to our family

but its a p. o. s. compared to what im buying after i make a few billion dollars.

kristin said...

oh, i hope you enjoy!