He says its because he wants to grow side burns.
I am excited about this -- the independence, the self-made decisions, a son finding his style, finding himself, being excited to pick life, instead of letting it just happen. ...
But one part of me is scared to death -- a son growing up, getting older, becoming less trusting of his I'm-sure-she's-always-right mother, pre-adolescent years, teen years, fights over curfew, rules, grounding, going off to college...
S T O P.
No. I'm just going to be excited that my boy is growing up and finding himself. This really is an exciting time. Its just a little scary for the mom who has a hard time believing that 10 years ago he was barely forming in my belly.
2 comments:
And I remember it like yesterday...
Finding out you were pregnant and the fears that came with that glorious truth...
Your tiny body never growing until, what, month 7?...:)
And the day Brad called me in Lawrence while I was at work to tell of the new arrival...and he told the people who answered the phone, too! He was so thrilled.
Oh, Owen. Such a young man already? *sigh* Wish I was near him more to watch his transition.
Love you!
Oh I wish you were here too!!!
Miss you terribly.
Post a Comment