Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oh NOOOOOooooo!

Monday night we did this:


Tuesday morning, after covering severe spring storms all night at work, I came home from work to find this:



This comes on top of another large branch that broke off last year -- now our ONLY tree looks, well, lop-sided to say the least:

Lauryn did like that the tree branches were now on her level -- so she could pick all of the "flowers."

Oh, and by the way -- the 60+ mile per hour winds that tore down two large branches, somehow did not pull down the recently placed birdhouse -- hung by a flimsy rope. Hmmmm.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, no is right.

PhunkyBS said...

I'm pretty sure that is an ornamental pear tree. They are beautiful, but CANNOT withstand the kansas winds. Its too bad, really, because they are beautiful in the spring. That tree will probably need to be cut down after losing half of its body. :( So lucky you are to have all the blooming going on right now.... I miss my garden so terribly much.